Thursday, March 8, 2012

I just got called a libtard on a YouTube post.

Now, it doesn't bother me when someone calls me that.  I just brush them off.

But, nonetheless, it is an inappropriate term to use.

I, myself, have been guilty of using the phrase teatard on occasion, and I have made a decision to stop using it.

It's unfair and it's small minded to use phrases like that.

I think we all have forgotten what civil discourse is.

There are ways to get across your point without constantly insulting the other party.

I do have a problem with sticking to civil discourse sometimes, I will admit.  But I try to.

As should everyone else.

As long as you respect my views, I will respect yours.

We need to reinstate RESPECT in this country.  We've strayed from respect and compromise and have retreated to name calling and finger pointing.

If we want to get anything done, we need to work together to find a solution, not do things like passing resolutions naming days for football players.

I'm referring, of course, to the Wisconsin Congress's latest decision to name 12/12/12 as Aaron Rodgers Day.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I love Aaron Rodgers, and I love the Packers.

But there are more important things to get done than naming days for football players.

It's sad that that's the only thing we can find to agree upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment